Friday, March 19, 2021

MaW session 13th March 2021

 
Welcome back Mindful Writers! My my my what a turn out we had with 27 folk from 7 different countries signed up. Adrienne introduced her Mindfulness with the support of Breath practice with a poem Over the Weather by Naomi Shihab Nye and Bev followed with the writing prompt

the garden is walled with quiet 

This came from a poem by that breathtaking (see what I did there?) poet

Kenneth Steven, his poem called Coracle that you find here: Collection of Kenneth Steven Poems


**********************************

And now for some of 

YOUR WRITING:

the garden is walled with quiet 
by Joyce Nicholson

I hear you, cutting through the quiet, 
blackbird singing, signing your heart, 
instincts instigating connections, 
for spring is rising and change is coming, 
Change, She always comes.
pushing, piercing, earth uncovering, unwrapping,
saffron and straw, sage and sea green, 
silent symbols of change, constantly surfacing.

Sisters - watch the long season changes, notice.
each small shift, significant, 
unfurling fronds of fierce love, 
as We all rise up. 



How beautiful is the silence that hugs my pain away………
by Sandra Walls

I hear a woven hum of bees
I patter down the slab stone-cuts earthed into the old grass
Sunlight splits through mature shrubs and high-rise plumes 
In the giant oak neighbours wanted murdered, I hear the buzz of little lives
One little fat bee not of the yellow and blacks
But an orange flank and sting; he’s exhausted
 And full of pollen in his sacks
I run back skipping stones, two-at-a-time
Sugared water frappe’d with a cocktail stick
Back to my little friend
Lifting him upon my hand I pour a well of sweetness
Not a sting in sight
Tiny, hooked feet hold onto my fingerprints
A tiny tongue folds out from his chin and drinks hastily down
We sigh of relief
I stare into him, cute for an insect
He washes his face, furred head and tiny black eyes
Tries out his transparent, rainbow, oil slick wings;   They work!     And he flies
I look up his name, Bombus Lapidarius
I nickname him The Bomb - Flying high like Ulysses towards the sun
He turned and told me – “Salutes”
For my revival,
Survival
To work another day
For the honey and my Queen
‘N’est We Forget’



Hum
by Britt Doughty-Godchaux

I am the grass, the temperature of the air
the same inside me and without.  
The sky an impossible blue, 
the bees work their way with precision
amongst every waving wand of lavender.
Spring is impossible, so I say this season
is the one right before, one of the countless other
nameless seasons. This season is the first dry
day, the first day that could be understood 
to be hot. The first day where my body can
find a burrow in tall grass to settle
back and consider the good earth, the 
strong earth. Its wise, powerful creatures
tend it and feed from its magic. This is a day
where we find the good we ignore, the good that goes
on without human notice, this good has a full, true
run of the world. Fingers find blades. The bees
progress caring and uncaring. The hum not
for the hearing. 




and from YY... sending love to you and so many who have lost love ones...

The garden is walled with quiet, ten feet tall. 
I have come inside a silence and dad is waiting there for me…..
You look happy dad, how wonderful to see you walking with the spirit and gait of a young man in your twenties just like you looked in your wedding photo . How are you dad? …..No words or sounds in the silence, but a smile that radiates his message - after all the pain and inability to get out of that horrible hospital bed - I walk without pain. My body is light and warm and I thank God that both my mind and body are now at peace, watching over you all and Im proud of the celebration you are making of my life - in my memory  - love you , Dad

Many thanks to Anja for a shout out from Berlin in this article


Thanks to you all ...

... for your heartening feedback as always!


Sandra: Angie ur wonderful performative poetry again is ready to go.
Bex: I love the earth heaves quietly
Britt: 'winter withdraws': that's how it feels!
Britt: Sandra, the sound went out a bit for me. Would love to read it again?
Michele: Such lovely and inspirational writings and a lovely mediation.  Thank you all, I am going to have to go. See you all next week.
Michele: Michele
Mo: Sorry, need to go now. Thanks for all your sharing, wonderful writing, so many vivid , visual images that I wanted to capture and explore. And I love the poems that were offered as prompts. Bye now
Catrice: Beautiful line, Hilaire.  beautiful.
Angie  Everyone : wonderful morning. fabulous poetry.
Elaine Morrison  to  Everyone : Thank you everyone. That was a lovely session. See you next week. Ex
Bex: Thank you everyone and see you next week!
Kay: thankyou so much bev and Adrienne and everyone   wonderful  kx
Susan : Hi, thank you for today. I had nothing to share today but it was lovely to hear your words
Joyce: fabulous thank you all - what inspiration xxx
Hilaire: thank you everyone - wonderful start to my day!
Y: Beautiful writing, powerful words - special morning -Thank you all xxx
Angie: Thank you Adrienne and Bev. Good to see everyone. xx