Tuesday, May 11, 2021

MaW session 8th May 2021

 


Well well well, what a turnout we had for our first session, thanks to all who took part in a perfectly magical launch of Course 1.

Adrienne introduced her Mindfulness with the support of Breath practice with a poem "Settle in" by Danna Faulds and Bev gave a choice of two writing prompts from the poem "Ask Me" by William Stafford:

what the river says, that is what I say
or
I will listen to what you say



********************************************************************

In the coming weeks we look forward to adding some pieces here as - there certainly was some astounding writing shared on screen.

YOUR WRITING:

Send it in sweeties - you know you want to!

What the river says, that is what I say... 
by Julia Angell

There's a view to one side 
and if I'm asked 
Is the tide in or out 
I'll tilt my head at the window
it's sand banks or a pool of blue
a reminder that time is not mine
the moon will decide
and me‒I'm happy
to go with the flow but

Yes, it's in...

What the river says, that is what I say....
by Joyce Nicholson

quiet pools, roaring revels, burbling and breaching
constant flux and fluidity, 
breathing in awareness of the undercurrent. 

moving hearts, minds, bodies and spirit,
from glacial melts and rainbowed skies, 
breath connected and interconnecting all beings, 

a glimpse, a sight of truth, 
giving up fixedness, flowing with the whole, 
becoming, breath her in, breathe her out.  


What The River Says*
by Lesley O’Brien

My life, my city, my river
I swirl and weep
with your snaking
ebb and flow

stories…
too many to fathom

today you spit poisonous plastic
from the depths of your inner sanctum

spare me a few droplets
of your righteous ripples

and
I
will
listen
deep.


********************************************************************



Thanks to you all ...

... for your heartening feedback as always! Below is that chat from the session:

Kay: thanks and gratitude to you Adrienne  a lovely body scan and the bowl was beautiful today   kx

Diane: It’s my first time here and I’m really appreciating it thanks
Judith: What an absolute treat this is. Thank you to Adrienne and Bev.
Bev: Danna Faulds “Settle in”
Bev: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/8734528-settle-in-the-here-and-now-reach-down-into-the#:~:text=Reach%20down%20into%20the%20center,and%20drink%20this%20holy%20peace.
Bev: what the river says, that is what I say or I will listen to what you say
Julia: wow!
Julia: Lovely sandra.
Joyce: fabulous Louise  xxx
Fenella: hWELL DONE
Julia: So powerful!
Joyce: wow Beccy  that was so powerful
Sandra: Becky scarily good. Glad she escaped from the firey dragon xx
Judith: Such a privilege to hear what people are sharing.
Hilaire Wonderful imagery Catrice!
Sandra: Very visual. Wonderful imagery
Julia: There are amazing poets here! Lovely..
Joyce: incredible imagery Catrice thank you
Beccy: Love that Catrice - really beautiful. It feels like the same place I wrote about.
Catrice: Ekphrastic poem
Sandra: Great word
Catrice: Thank you, everyone for your kind words.
Sandra: Sally so good. Wonderful message. Great voice
Beccy: Sally - wow!
Sandra: Bex that was lovely
Joyce: wonderful words sally and bex  xxx
Sandra: Sheila Saturday rocks. Wonderful Sheila so much goodness and message
Beccy: Sheila - you captured the feeling of calm and breathing for me.
Sandra: Love ur work Angie
Sandra: Cath. Lovely words in the story
Sandra: Charlene great personification lovely
Sandra: Helen lovely reminiscing about your dad
Beccy: Yes I agree, lovely to hear the essences of your dad
Sandra: Joyce. So lovely flux and fluidity x
Joyce: thankyou everyone  -  inspirational words from you all xxx
Sandra: Fenella a lesson in historical evolution brilliant
Beccy: I like your clarity Fenella
Helen: love that connection to ecological
Sandra: Leslie such a great message an in the city
Charlene: Amazing everyone xxx
Helen: needs to be on a wall by the river
Kay: what a brilliant session   so many beautiful pieces   thankyou to bev and Adrienne and to everyone here
Sandra: Lovely candyce.
Sandra: Julia. Lovely imagery
Helen: Diane..so glad to hear you.brave of u
Sandra: Hope to here you soon Diane xx
Lesley O'Brien: Women, thank you all for your wonderful poetic words of wisdom! x
Hilaire: Wonderful session thank you!
Helen: wonderful to meet you all, and thanks for holding these valuable sessions
Julia: Thank you so much all.
Sheila: Thanks everyone for this session. the zoom platform works so well as I don’t need to use my energy to get to a venue.  Thanks Bev and Adrienne for giving us these sessions .
Charlene: So rich today . thank you for such an incredible morning xxx
Sheila: Saturday rocks xx
Angie: Thank you to everyone another wonderful session.  xx
Judith: A wonderful session. Thank you to all.
Julia: Feeling so emotional!
Candyce: Thank you so much.  Worth getting up at 2 am!
Beccy: I'm a little sad to say I can't hear the bell - only a tiny essence of it
Hilaire: See you all next week
Lou: good to be back with the balance of mind and write xx thank you
Beccy: Thank you so much - I expected an inspiring session but hadn't expected such a warm welcoming group, the quality of the words written and the beautiful accents from everyone! So excited to be part of this.
********************************************************************

 
Thanks to funders
Lapidus Scotland gratefully acknowledges the support of Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership via the Wellbeing for Longer in Glasgow Fund managed by Impact Funding Partners