Saturday, June 26, 2021

MaW session 19th June 2021
















A great again today - Adrienne introduced her Loving Kindness practice with a quote from Albert Einstein:

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

Bev took a writing prompt from the poem

LIFE IS THE POEM
by Kay Carmichael
          He continues quick and dull in his clear images; 
          I continue slow and sharp in my broken images. 
          ...
          He in a new confusion of his understanding; 
          I in a new understanding of my confusion.            Robert Graves

to try is a mistake
it is better
to wander through paths of uncertainty
to taste surreptitiously
to smell the faint perfume 
of unorthodoxy
to savour an error
time stretches and contracts
to meet our longings
not to wrap in plastic
the thoughts that conflict

new understanding of my confusion 


Kay shared a link with us:

Poetry and Settled Status for All - a Call for Submissions

*******************************************************************

And now for some of 

YOUR WRITING:

‘New Confusion of My Understanding’

by Judith Boardman

I thought I understood, had it all clear in my mind – the past, the present, the future, a linear explanation. Persistently looking back at past mistakes, regrets, missed opportunities. Hoping that the future would be different, that what I had learnt would influence decisions and actions to come. I barely noticed the here and now, my breathing, my feet on this solid earth; hardly took heed of this precious moment. But now my understanding of has been shaken. As the snow globe fragments settle, I’m coming to realise that now is all that matters, all there really is. Time does not exist. Is this confusion? Am I throwing up into the air all that I felt sure of, everything that once seemed clear? No, not confusion, but a fresh clarity and perspective on what is important. Focus on now, it is the only reality we have. The dwelling on the past is what brings confusion, along with the anxiety of what is to come in these uncertain times. Be present, it’s enough.


********************************************************************


Thanks to you all ...

... for your heartening feedback as always!


Jules: It's sunny and breezy in west Wales..
Kay: can't believe this is the last    these meditations have given me so much strength these last few weeks   thankyou so much  kx
Jules: I'm sorry Einstein but . I cannot embrace the bluebottle that bombarded me all through that. The equivalent of a jet ski with wings bouncing off every surface...
Beccy: :D
Jules: Love it Beccy!
Hilaire _: That was profound Adrienne, thank you!
nicholevilleneuve: I have to leave early today, sorry I’ll miss the last of the writing. Thanks very much for the opportunity to be involved in the past 6 weeks of wonderful mindfulness and writing. Very best wishes to 
Bev: (prompt) new understanding of my confusion
Kath: Mark Nepo
clairebolger: I like the comparison of being able to live with uncertainty because we embrace uncertainty in the act of writing a poem. Thanks Kath.
Beccy: powerful and I could feel myself there
Beccy: great metaphor for life!
Kath: Wonderful, Beccy!
Kath: sharp-tongued/long grass - love it
Judith: I liked the 'go through the thorny bush not around it' - good advice
Jules: Wonderfully powerful Catrice..
Jules: Wow Calire!
Beccy: I love how it captures this big idea in just a few lines
Jules: remembering only what we need to say..
Beccy: love that - a good reminder that it is all a gift
Helen: thanku everyone for sharing this space and time.
Judith: Thank you for letting me share this time with you. I have been humbled and overwhelmed by your wonderful words.
Catrice: Thank you.
Louise: To Adrienne and Bev, and all here in our connected kindness  - thank you for these sessions. A calm inspiring wholeness amongst my whirlings.
Kay: thankyou bev Adrienne and everyone    hope to see you all again soon    kx
Kath: I have loved all your smiling faces and affirmations, making this such a safe space. Thanks to everyone of you!
Sheila: Thank you everyone this has gladdened my heart ❤️
Beccy: Thank you - I've grown fond of all your faces so quickly x
Angie: Thank you for a wonderful session. Have a wonderful weekend. xx
Fenella: for me, the mindfulness is an essential component as it frees the mind to do the unexpected, for good or not!
Helen: thanku to Bev and Adrienne for providing such a special safe plavce
Jules: Thankyou I hope to join in some more morning sessions. And would like to be able to connect with all the wonderful women here

********************************************************************

 
Thanks to funders
Lapidus Scotland gratefully acknowledges the support of Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership via the Wellbeing for Longer in Glasgow Fund managed by Impact Funding Partners