Friday, October 22, 2021

MaW session 30th October 2021


Adrienne led a Loving Kindness practice today, introducing it with the poem
"What can be said about love?” by Dorothy Hunt
 Bev used a writing prompt inspired by the poem “Talking to Grief” by Denise Levertov:


preparing a winter place for my grief

*****************************************************************

And now for some of 

YOUR WRITING:

Special online appearance by our resident Storyteller Lesley O'Brien can be seen here on 

After Adrienne's poem -
by Kath Higgens

I long to be the love that transforms.
Let there be love -
kidneys love, liver love,
muscles love, sinews love,
shoulders love, jaw love!
Be still, and know that I am love.
Love myself,
and be my own best friend.
Love those around me,
and know myself cherished.
I long to be the love that transforms.

After Bev's poem -
by Kath Higgens

Grief - how can I welcome you?
I am so tired of the cold you bring,
the frozen fingers, the chattering teeth.
Having to wear layer upon layer to ward off your sting,
sometimes finding it impossible to regain warmth.
What can I do?
Is it within me to open my arms wide
to the winter that comes regardless?
Can I learn to wrap myself up warm and snug,
to  light a crackling fire,
to turn to a cosiness as yet unfelt, unfound?
I struggle to give you house-room.
I struggle to have you under my roof.
Oh, winter, I would that you were not.
Enough, enough.

Preparing a winter place for my grief.


Breath & Love
by Sheila Buchanan

The breath sustains and completes the circle of love as we 
Breathe in, Breathe out
Feel the love that surrounds us
Ignore the vast emptiness of yearning

Love starts with self
It shines out and touches those we love
Let it flow and transform us
As the breath completes the circle of love.


Its almost a year since you prepared to leave us
by BonBon

Its almost a year since you left
Its the hardest goodbye I've ever said
But! How lucky I am to have held your hand and talked to you for all those hours 
 ….. that’s truly a gift I will never forget
How I cut your hair on your final weeks, as I've done for 40 years
I saved those final cuttings in a jar...……. as I knew I needed to keep a part of you here 
and now I’m searching for the perfect rose
I shall surround the roots with the cuttings ………. with YOU
I look forward to that time in the future to smile at your rose ……to smile at you

But for now, I'm content that for our first winter without you, I've already prepared a winter place for my grief …..


********************************************************************

Thanks to you all ...

... for your heartening feedback as always!

Catrice: Lesley O’Brien, was a guest last night on a The Poetry Corner, (a segment of FRIDAY NIGHT LIVE)  FNL is an online show broadcasting from Limerick Ireland). I am talent curator and producer (Catrice Greer).  Dave Morrissey is the show host and creator.  THE POETRY CORNER is the final segment that starts at 1:28:00 https://www.facebook.com/fridaynightliveshow/videos/462569718500082/
Kay: thankyou Adrienne   kx
Jo Beth: Thank you for a lovely mindful session. I have to leave now but hopefully see many of you on Monday evening. I am really looking forward to it.
Giovanna: That was gorgeous, thank you Adrienne ❤️
Catrice: So soothing!  Thank you!
Catrice: She is one of my favorites! - Denise Levertov!!!
Bev:  preparing a winter place for my grief
Angie: Sorry I need to go unexpectedly.  Everything is ok. Thanks again for a lovely session.  Have a wonderful weekend to all.  xx
Karen: Grief is love lost. Beautiful
Kate: Please could I have a copy of it Yvonne.
Karen: Sensational in every way
Giovanna: “she speaks for the mute, she wails for the lost”
Giovanna: I really wish I didn’t have to leave. This has been a very special sharing, hopefully I’ll be able to find the ones I miss on the blog? ❤️ Thanks so much everyone
Lesley: I need to go now, thanks again women for a wonderful Saturday morning! x
Kate: I’ve got to go. Thank you everybody for sharing: Adrienne for the beautiful loving kindness and Bev for the wonderful prompt. It has inspired me and I have plenty to work from. I am not reading mine today but I feel that Yvonne wrote one for me that she’s kindly said she will share. As I said to her, her poem isn’t simple, it’s fundamental and true. As is all of yours. See you next time. 💛
Jo: Thanks, all, need to go. xx
Kay: another wonderful session   thanks to bev and Adrienne and everyone else    kx
Karen: Thankyou, a truly wonderful session xx

 
Thanks to funders
Lapidus Scotland gratefully acknowledges the support of Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership's "Wellbeing for Longer in Glasgow Fund" (managed by Impact Funding Partners).