Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Slow Ink session 16th July 2022

 

 



































Adrienne gave us a new practice today (no recording yet I'm afraid): Mindfulness through the senses.
She introduced the session with the poem "Just for now" by Danna Faulds.

Bev took a writing prompt find the source from the poem "Some rules for walking the river" by Shantiketu:


Some rules for walking the river

Set off as soon as you can: 
this afternoon
or next Tuesday at the latest.

Find the source
and head downstream
or start where freshwater
merges with the sea.

Pay tribute to the local deities
using the proper form of words.

Cross every bridge.
Don’t rely on maps.

Carry a set of dice
to use at any confluence.

Sometimes it really is OK
to let things drift.


*****************************************************************

And now for some of 

YOUR WRITING:

inspired by Dana Fauld's Just For Now & Shantiketu's Some Rules for Walking the River
by Kay Ritchie
 
there is impermanence in everything
our Warhol moments or
 
Van Gogh's empty chair   no-one there or
Collette's Willi-stolen jotter-scribbled stories  or
 
the shadowlands  
vanished into air   dissolved   devoured
 
Trellech   nosy-mole-unearthed
Wharram Percy   lost to plague
 
Dunwich   swallowed by the sea
just one great gulp & now adrift
 
its eery echoes
8 once-church bells tolling loss
 
no nightingale   just whale song
drift wood   sea glass
 
alas
there is impermanence in everything


Breathe out what ever keeps you from the truth 
by Mike Brown

Which or what truth? 
The truth of destruction
Desolate landscapes, inner and outer
The truth of pain and illness and uncertainty 

At times I want to hide from this truth
The truth of ignorance 
Sometimes its blissful 
Most of the time it's exhausting

But when I soften into this truth, put my ear against it
I can feel the warmth of the cat sitting on my toes, while I'm sitting, meditating
I can hear the young seagulls squawking on the tenement roofs
Calling out to their new and fresh world

When I soften into this truth
I know that just under this desolate landscape
there lurk endless seeds of hope

And when I soften and drift into this truth 
I know it to be the river of truth that merges into the great sea of infinite light and stars 

And my body softens, breaths 
I'm here, now
In the source 

And a couple of Cap'n Bev recommendations:

********************************************************************

Thanks to you all ...

... for your heartening feedback as always!

Giovanna: Morning all, I have my hair in a turban and toast so will spare you my image until I’m a bit more presentable! 😊
Doreen: Joyce I love your stained glass (wave)
Britt: @ Giovanna We're pro turban. < 3
Giovanna: 😁🛀🏽
Giovanna: Wonderful, thanks Adrienne
Bev: The memorial service for Sally will take place on Friday 22nd July at 2:00pm at Wellington Church, Glasgow. It will be streamed on the Wellington YouTube Channel. If coming, please wear bright clothing (at the request of the family, recognising Mum’s dress sense). You are welcome to join us afterwards in the church hall for light refreshments. We know that Mum had a vast network, please do pass this invitation on, and apologies if you had already been informed. With kind regards, Mark, Stephen & Jackie
Joyce Nicholson: thank you Adrienne x
Kay: beautiful thankyou Adrienne   x
Giovanna: I'll need to nip off at 11.30 all, sorry I won't hear everyone
Bev: find the source
Denise: I misssed the prompt?
Britt: So much wisdom in those lines... Wish I could hear it again?
Giovanna: Bex - “thanking the trees for letting me pass" such beautiful beautiful images
Britt: Bex, your piece made me realise how I think nature is the fanciest most majestic manifestation too.
Doreen: Thank you Giovanna hearing your poem helped me finish my piece
Britt: That last line would be a great prompt too!!
Giovanna: Joyce - “... are only a thought a way” “the velvet indigo turquoise” that last line! 🌈
Giovanna: Doreen - I hope you're next so I can hear it
Britt: It was a chakra exercise!!
Giovanna: Jo - “household gods must be appeased like river deities"
Britt: Love the waffle drift!!
Giovanna: So sorry I have to leave, will look forward to reading the blog. 🌈
Britt: bye Giovanna!!
Giovanna: Doreen - “streaming from and to truth" “courage… through and with fear" I'd love to hear it or read it again
Britt: Same!!!
Britt: Another one with so much wisdom in every line.
Doreen: Kay that was lovely and the last line was its crowning glory.
Joyce: Kay please can we read this  - amazing !
Britt: Yes, please!
Doreen: Yes please encore Kay please
Bex: 'm going to head now folks, sorry but I need to sort the dogs out before I get the bus! Lovely lovely poems thank you everyone x
Britt: I totally get you, Yvonne and Jo Beth and Mike!
Maggie: 'hich
Maggie: Which, or what truth...
Kay: a beautiful session   thanks to everyone  kx
Yvonne: What a wonderful morning thank you all. Jo Beth, you gave me confidence to read aloud and i thank you. X


Thanks to funders
Lapidus Scotland gratefully acknowledges the support of Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership's "Wellbeing for Longer in Glasgow Fund" (managed by Impact Funding Partners).