Monday, January 23, 2023

Slow Ink session 21st January 2023




































Today Adrienne introduced her Bodyscan practice with a poem "Stop" by Jeff Foster
 
Bev took a writing prompt from the poem "Hermit Crab" by Mary Oliver

my rebellion



*****************************************************************

And now for some of 

YOUR WRITING:

Rebel?
by Antje Bothin

Sometimes I am a rebel
I get out of my shell
I have been quiet for so long
Now I found my voice and I feel strong.

I had an education, spent my life at university
Conducted my research, earned a PhD
Now I have finished and I am absolutely free
I am proud of myself and happy as can be.

I am still single, I live on my own
I am without a partner, in my comfort zone
No children, no pets, I am all alone
I am not even addicted to my mobile phone.

I found a way to connect with nature outright
Discovered walking in Scotland’s countryside
Grab my boots every week for some outdoor fun
Planting, sowing, weeding, all that I have done.

Work is overrated, didn’t you guess?
You see, volunteering is so much less stress!
I love to do new things for all to tell
And I enjoy learning cool stuff as well.

If you think I am different and very bright
Then you are probably totally right
I always knew it, it is in these rhymes
I am a rebel – sometimes.



********************************************************************

Thanks to you all ...

... for your heartening feedback as always!

Kay: beautiful    thankyou Adrienne   kx
Linda: Adrienne, words cannot describe the peace I felt during this body scan. There was not a line of the poem I did not need to hear today (every day) thank you for guiding us through this practice. Please remind me of the name and author of the poem
Maggie: That was a helpful body scan, thank you
Pauline: That was wonderful
Adrienne Hannah: Thank you.
Antje: Thanks
Adrienne: The poem is Stop by Jeff Foster.
Linda: Thank you
Lesley O'Brien: That was just wonderful, thank you Adrienne
Adrienne: Thanks Lesley.
Fenella: I see what you mean about the hermit crab being prose!
Giovanna: Lesley - “but to dance alongside the spirit of others”
Giovanna: Bex - “I was in, retreating from the real world”
Zoë: gorgeous
Giovanna: Kay - what a first line! “freed to spread like silk and lace and ribbon” “I bow low at her rebellion” “inside which she hid the fears the aching” and all of it
Denise: Amazing, Kay. So rich and so complex and colourful, like your subject.
Giovanna: Pauline - love the power of the stillness of this
Pauline: Thank you
Fenella: Good for you !!
Zoë: this body causes trouble
Zoë: love it
Fenella: me too, love it that is!
Giovanna: Jennifer - “oh but the body, this body causes trouble” “it wants to be free” love the fluidity of the body’s escape as written
Zoë: toddle & waddle - loving the sounds!
Giovanna: Doreen - “to think differently, to be creative, though not in the way they expect” “mouth, jaw and tongue abandoned”
Giovanna: Antje - “I have been quiet for so long” “i found a way to connect with nature” “I am a rebel, sometimes”
Antje: Thank you
Denise: Giovanna - idea of life carved out before you were birthed - yes
Giovanna: April-Wendy - “how they wash out the grit bark ? spit”
Zoë: brilliant!
Giovanna: Denise - “the first little dances restrained self-conscious” “will meld with the air that loops between us, not yet touching but coming close”
Giovanna: Linda - “I hold back” “I never knew I had a rebellious bone”
Denise: Linda - relating to that kind of “way I’ve been made”
Giovanna: Fenella - “to push every barrier that someone might think they have put in my way” “not starting the journey”
Linda: thank you x
Pauline: Beautiful and powerful
Denise: Fenella - if you’ve set up a barrier, it’s essential to push - interesting
Giovanna: Jan - Oh how I want to hear it all!
Denise: Those are lovely, Jan.
Pauline: Purple rain
Pauline: powerful
Giovanna: Cath - “it’s present in every word I write on an empty page” “as I sit alone in silence"
Giovanna: Kate - “I toe the various lines that encircle me” Yes to odd socks!!!! Not disorganisation but rebellion!!
Zoë: wonderful words today everyone :)
Giovanna: Love it Jo!
Giovanna: I need to slip away sharpish today. Thank you to Bev and Adrienne and everyone for a wonderful start to the weekend. So many words will stay with me.
Giovanna: Maggie - “not to...” “to trust the truth of the wilderness”
Giovanna: Bev - “I do life brightly” “I shout loud, too loud.. too bad” “my knees are scarred from stumbles” “my heart is huge and hardy”
Denise: Bev - yes, my heart is huge and hardy - beautiful and true.
Pauline: Absolutely fantastic morning
Kay: as always wonderful   thankyou everyone   kx
Antje: Thank you Bev and Adrienne. I enjoyed everybody's poetry and the mindfulness.
Jennifer Bradley: thanks so much everyone
Angie Strachan: Thank you again everyone.  Have a lovely weekend.
Zoë: thank you again
Denise: Thank you so much, Adrienne, Bev, all
Bev: Here's Lesley's song on the radio about 2:13 minutes in:
Bev: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001h3wm?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile


Thanks to funders
Lapidus Scotland gratefully acknowledges the support of Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership's "Wellbeing for Longer in Glasgow Fund" (managed by Impact Funding Partners).